I have been working since 2012 and have learnt some very intresting truths about worklife. These truth are like the universal truth of the workplace and eternally valid. Ignoring them would lead to your downfall. Orginally posted on Mens XP, here are 18 harsh truths about work life that you always need to remember.
1. The more efficient you are at your work, the more you will be burdened with it.
Coz you are the expert, unless you make someone as good as ( or better ) as you
2. Nobody cares about your individual progress in the corporate world. All that matters is what you contribute to the company.
They are paying you for a reason. Give them a good one.
3. There will come a time when you will take up a job just for the money and nothing else.
You need money to fulfill your wishes.
4. Desk jobs kill creativity.
5. Very often, you will be held accountable for tasks that weren’t even your responsibility in the first place.
Yeah that kind of shit happens and becomes a part of your life. Get used to it
6. You will be dealing with a dozen tasks other than what you were initially hired for. Your scope of work will only keep increasing.
Welcome to real world, baby. Its much worse than you had imagined.
7. You will be constantly made to believe you need the company more than it needs you, and that, is not always true.
Because you need that money. Dont think your company is going to miss you no matter how good you were. The company never stops and niether should you
8. Meetings are a waste of time
If you really want to make a meeting, keep it to the point
9. If you’re sluggish, you’ll be ridiculed by your boss. If you’re proactive, you’ll be hated by your colleagues.
Sure about the first one, not so sure about the second one.
10. Your needs as an employee would go completely ignored, sometimes. You won’t get what you really deserve until you raise your voice and put your foot down.
11. You will be made to work with uninspired people and it will be the most difficult task ever. Your team-mates would neither be of any help, nor would they make it possible for you take everything in your own hands, and it will kill your passion.
12. People around will constantly pull you down with their cynicism solely because they hate your guts.
13. Nobody is going to appreciate you staying in extra hours every single day but the one time you leave a little early, hell will break lose.
15. Office politics is definitely not a myth.
16. There will be times when undeserving people will get credit for the work you do, simply because they are higher up on the corporate ladder.
17. Half of your time will be spent in sending out unnecessary mails that will never even be read to countless people who want to feel important, before you can actually start working.
18. You will end up doing everything yourself.